Welcome to Drummoyne Community Centre
2019 Summer Program
January to April 2019
Our Summer brochure and the Parenting Calendar for Term 1 are now available in PDF format. Printed versions of the Spring brochure and the Parenting Calendar may be picked up from the office after we reopen.
February 2019 Activities
Vision Impaired Support Group - Thursday 21 February, 11:30am-1pm
For the Love of Music (Music Appreciation) - Friday 22 February, 1pm-3pm
Peace Meditation & Community Dinner - Friday 22 February, 6:15pm-8:30pm
Circle of Security Follow Up - Saturday 23 February, 1pm-4pm
Circle of Security - Monday 25 February, 7pm-9pm
Info Workshop & Morning Tea
Friday 1 March, 10am to 11am - Seniors Week Event - On the Road 65+
Roads & Maritime Sevices (RMS) in partnership with The City of Canada Bay presents an informative workshop for older road users, both pedestrians and drivers. This workshop run by Michelle Carpenter from CCB will cover:
- Changes in health and how this can impact your safety
- Pedestrian safety including walking and crossing the road
- Drivers licencing at 75 and 85, including what to do when you retire from driving
- Transport options around The City of Canada Bay
- Mobility scooters - what are the rules of use in the community
- 10 misunderstood road rules - do you know your road rules? A clarification.
This free workshop will be followed by morning tea until 12noon. If you live locally transport can be arranged for a donation of $5. The donation can be negotiated for those who are financially disadvantaged.