Become a Member
We are a non-government, nonprofit organization that relies on membership, donations and funding to operate our activities and services. You can help to support us by becoming a member.
Membership entitles you to:
- Mailed copies of the quarterly brochure
- A voice in the Centre management
- Some free activities, eg the monthly Information Workshops, monthly Drop In Morning Tea & Chat, the Friday Canasta Card Group and monthly For Love of Music workshops.
Membership for the 2018/2019 financial year is available at the following rates:
- $12 for new individual membership
- $11 for renewal of individual membership
- $22 for new group membership
- $21 for renewal of group membership
Life membership was conferred on Elsa Hill at the Annual General Meeting on 11 September 2009. Elsa had been a member of 14 years at the time and volunteered on the Management, Events and Finance Committees, as well as assisting with bookkeeping, at events and leading the Craft group on a weekly basis. Elsa has helped out behind the scenes wherever needed on a consistent basis for many years, being an example to all.
Life membership was conferred on George Bulcock at the Annual General Meeting on 14 September 2012 in recognition of his outstanding contribution over 13 years in various capacities on the Management Committee and various volunteer activities including leader of the Older Men's Discussion group.
Life membership was conferred on Joan Douglas at the Annual General Meeting on 11 September 2015 in recognition of her 13 years as a DCC volunteer in many roles including car driver, walking group leader, music appreciation group leader, writer and helper with groups. Joan has been an inspiring volunteer and DCC supporter for many years.