Wednesday & Thursday Shuttle Bus Service
The Wednesday and Thursday BayRider service is a partnership with the City of Canada Bay Council. Priority will be given to people not eligible to use other community transport services. A donation of $5 per person is requested for a one way trip. The return trip is free. The donation can be negotiated for those who are financially disadvantaged.
The BayRider is a door-to-door shuttle service operating within the City of Canada Bay. It utilises the DCC bus and volunteer cars. The volunteers and their cars undertake trips when scheduling becomes difficult for the bus to accommodate. The BayRider assists residents with transport difficulties to access facilities or services in the local area. The BayRider is able to collect passengers from their home and take them to places such as:
- Drummoyne shops
- Five Dock shops and Five Dock Library
- A local nursing home to visit a spouse or friend
- Majors Bay Road shops or Concord Library
- Concord Hospital
- Rhodes Shopping Centre for shopping or movies
- Local shopping areas for banks and hairdressers etc
- DCC to attend programs.
Additionally on a Wednesday the BayRider will visit Burwood for medical appointments only. Check with us about other locations that the bus may be able to go to.
BayRider Shuttle Bookings
Bookings are essential and mus t be made between 9am and 12 noon on a Tuesday by phoning DCC on 9719-8102.
The BayRider is an innovative project run jointly by the Drummoyne Community Centre and the City of Canada Bay Council since October 2005. Comments made by users of the BayRider include:
- "It's reliable. It's a way of being assured of your transport. It's a pleasant way of getting around. I'm proud to travel on the BayRider!"
- "They come when you say, help you nicely and take you home."
- "It's always on time. It gets me to my group and keeps me connected."
- "It keeps people mixing with others and helps us to get out and about."