Caring for Kids First Aid
Sunday 2 June, 1pm-5pm
This St John Ambulance workshop is designed to meet the needs of parents, grandparents, carers of children and members of the public entrusted with the care of babies and children. Covers children from 0 to 12 years. Fee program. Bookings essential.
Terrific, Testing or Tricky Toddlers
Expressions of Interest
We are seeking expressions of interest for the following "Toddler Series" to be held at Concord Library on Monday evenings between 7pm and 9pm. The dates are to be confirmed. Topics include:
- Overcoming separation anxiety
- Simple solutions to gain more co-operation
- Communicating so that your child listens better
- Avoiding the three most common reasons for toddler meltdowns
- How you impact your child's confidence and resilience.
The "Toddler Series" is to be facilitated by Dympna Kennedy. Let us know if you are interested - Expression of Interest form.
FREE Breakfast for Expectant Parents
Saturday 4 May OR 29 June, 9:30am till 12noon
This is a free parenting workshop for couples expecting their first child or subsequent children who live in the Canada Bay area, or in the Inner West, or are new to Australia who:
- Wish to find out about local health, parenting and childcare services
- Want to connect with other local parents
- Would like time to reflect on parenting recognising the importance of both dads and mums.
Yoga for You & Your Baby
Fridays 10 - 31 May, 11am to 12noon
"Great support, great info, great way to meet other mums, have a social outlet while learning about your baby." - Chrissy (Mum)
Four weekly sessions. Supporting movement, development, balance and relaxation for parent/caregiver and baby up to 12 months. Bookings essential. Facilitated by Dympna Kennedy. The fee for this course is $5 per session plus $12 DCC Membership. DCC Membership is valid from 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019. If you are not already a member please complete a DCC Membership form.
Dads & Babies Workshop
Saturday 18 May, 2pm to 3:30pm
"Recommend to any new dads, it's very beneficial. Good tips to help baby relax and sleep, and massage techniques." - Benny (Dad)
This is a one off workshop. The program is for:
- First time dads (including expectant dads)
- Dads who want to be more involved
- Busy dads who want to make a difference
- Busy dads with limited time
- Dads who want hands-on practical information
- Dads who have questions they want answered about being a dad.
Circle of Security Parenting
Saturdays 15, 22 & 29 June, 1pm-4pm
"A course that every parent should complete, in fact - the 'most' important course available to parents. Learn to understand your child, your childhood, yourself and your parenting." - C. McDonald (COS Parent).
Groovy Grandparents Playgroup
This is an offsite playgroup for grandparents and grandchildren from 18 months to 6 years. The playgroup is an informal gathering where grandparents and grandchildren come together in a relaxed and friendly environment to connect, play and learn. There are currently spaces available in this playgroup. Please contact Carol on 0430 114 168 or DCC if you and your grandchild would like to attend.
The City of Canada Bay Council provides assistance with Parenting programs.
For other parenting programs and resources see the Resourcing Parents website.