Workshops & Seminars
Friday 1 February, 10am to 11am - Grow Micro Greens
Learn how to grow your own edible micro greens on your windowsill, bench tops, tables, or even your bathroom. Materials supplied for you to take home your own starter plot. (Adele Henty)
Friday 1 March, 10am to 11am - Seniors Week Event - On the Road 65+
Roads & Maritime Sevices (RMS) in partnership with The City of Canada Bay presents an informative workshop for older road users, both pedestrians and drivers. This workshop run by Michelle Carpenter from CCB will cover:
- Changes in health and how this can impact your safety
- Pedestrian safety including walking and crossing the road
- Drivers licencing at 75 and 85, including what to do when you retire from driving
- Transport options around The City of Canada Bay
- Mobility scooters - what are the rules of use in the community
- 10 misunderstood road rules - do you know your road rules? A clarification.
Friday 5 April, 10am to 11am - Bush Tucker
To be confirmed.
The workshops are free and are followed by morning tea from 11am till 12noon.
For the Love of Music
Come and listen to some wonderful music. Monthly workshops are scheduled on the following Fridays between 1pm and 3pm. Transport is available, but please book this in advance. These workshops are free to members. Fee for non-members. Led by Joan Douglas.
Canada Bay Community Choir
Thursday 31 January to 11 April, 7pm to 9pm
The Canada Bay Community Choir (CBCC) is a non-auditioning choir that needs male and female singers. CBCC aims to be a choir that caters for novice and experienced singers who want the opportunity to sing with others in a relaxed, friendly environment.
The choir meets for rehearsals at Drummoyne Community Centre. For further details visit www.cbcc.org.au.